Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Home Farm

As you know, a few weeks ago , we lost my County Boy's father .

That's when we knew .... well... we  knew ... but we had to face the fact , they wouldn't be going back to the farm.

Country Boy and I had never really thought about living there .

I never wanted to .

It was my mother-in-law's house not mine ....

My kids were worried .

They didn't want anyone else living in Grandma's house.

My sweet nieces were sad ....the farm had always been their "constant .. the place they knew there was love and wonderful food and peace of mind.

What were we to do ?

We talked it over . Talked to the siblings . And quickly came to the agreement . We would buy the farm .

Well... not the WHOLE farm .

 Those days are passed for us .

Just the 5 acres the building site sits on .

So sometime soon ( hopefully this spring ) we will bid farewell to the Trailerhood  .

Some renovations need to be  done , although CB would like to move in like it is ....

I need color on the walls . Some new flooring . Just a few spruce ups .

But here is what I'm super excited about ...


The barn ....

The barn they milked cows in for many years .

I have visions of a new , larger shoppe , with a work space .... 


I may be more excited about the barn than the house ...

Strange but true .


My mother-in-law also had chickens .

Lots of chickens . Up to 500 most of the time . She sold eggs to everyone in the county.

I will only use a small part of her chicken house for my flock . But I will be able to expand a bit ... dreaming of  that too .

I walked around the yard the other day ( there was no snow then ) I found the perfect spot to move the Hosta garden to. 

It's close to the old outhouse .


Outhouse turned garden shed . How lucky am I ???

And then there is this ...


A Curly Willow tree .

One of many trees in the grove .

BUT IT'S A CURLY WILLOW !!!

My excitement knows no bounds ! 

It's the simple things , right ?

Well ... it should be .

So ....

There's our update .

Big changes are coming for Country Boy Salvage .

Soon it will be adventures on the Home Farm instead of the Trailerhood..

Can't wait for this next chapter !





2 comments: