Monday, March 23, 2015

Fireplace Update

Hey Y'All !

Life has been crazy busy for the CBS family !

But who's life isn't , right ?

I wanted to share my latest project at the Home Farm .

My fireplace makeover .


My in-laws had replaced the firebox a couple of years ago when they had a chimney fire. The fireplace used to go around the corner with a screen around it . While this one is not nearly as attractive , I am told it is much more efficient ... * shrug * ....ok...


I'm not sure who did the work , but it was quite obvious the brick had been filled in .

I thought about painting the brick , but I didn't really want it a " stark " white .

After several hours of Pinterest searching , I decided to whitewash it .

There are several posts with instructions, I can't even tell you which one I used , they were basically all the same.

I mixed 2 parts white trim paint with 1 part water  ( well approximately , if you know me , you know I NEVER measure ).

I painted 2 or three bricks at a time , them blottted with a rag .

 OVER and OVER .

And over again . 

This part was quite messy .


I really am quite happy with the end result .


Not stark white at all.


You can still see the variation in the brick .


But , that's OK with me .

I think it brightens the room now .




What do you think ?









No comments:

Post a Comment